Make your own free website on Tripod.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Accused in $1.2M gunpoint robbery says, ‘is frame charge deh gimme’

Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton yesterday ordered that a father of three, who allegedly robbed another man at gunpoint of a quantity of cash among other items, totalling $1.2M, be remanded to prison when he appeared before her at the Georgetown Magistrate’s Court.

Anthony Primo

Anthony Primo was told that he was not required to enter a plea to the indictable charge of robbery under arms.

It is alleged that on February 28 this year, he used a gun to rob Safraz Bacchus of a quantity of cash, a gold chain, a gold band and a cell phone, to the total value of $1.2M.

Driver-Seecharran-dead

However, Primo stated that “is frame charge deh [the police] gimme”.

He stated that he is the father of three and the sole breadwinner of his family. He noted that he had been in the lock-ups for about six days and  the identification parade that he was placed on and picked out was not “authentic”.

He also told the court that it was three years since his last case in the court and since then he had not been in trouble.

“De officers trying fuh victimize me,” he stated. The magistrate then told him that if he felt he was being treated unjustly he should take a lawyer to defend him.

Primo then stated that he could not afford a lawyer but the magistrate informed him that his family can apply to Legal Aid for one.

The magistrate subsequently granted Prosecutor Robert Clemment’s request that Primo be remanded to prison. She ordered that he appear back in court on June 29.